Miscellany in lieu of a Cohesive Blog Post
|Hmm, maybe I should add this scene to the book, too.|
1. I have finally figured out how I want to edit What We Deserve. I hope to get my second draft finished this weekend and off to my beta reader by the end of the weekend. Next on my list: outlining the YA story now that I have a plot in my head.
2. YouTube is a huge time suck. I've spent WAY too much time watching a German soap opera over the last few days. Which leads to #3...
3. I really should have retained some of that German I took in college.
|If American soaps were like this, they wouldn't get cancelled.|
4. My new Kindle is lovely. The case's built-in light is the bane of my husband's existence. This is what happens when he tries to take it away from me:
5. Authors shouldn't use the words "anus" and "rectum" in sex scenes. Having a character think that his partner has a "beautiful anus" is just wrong.
6. The Antique Bakery DVD set came out this week, and the Junjou Romantica season 2 DVD set will be out May 10th. Sekaiichi Hatsukoi just started airing on Japanese TV (and fansubs are on Crunchyroll). I may overdose on the yaoi.
|Ono and Chikage (Antique Bakery), Nowaki and Hiroki (Junjou Romantica), Takano and Ritsu (Sekaiichi Hatsukoi)|
8. Thanks to K.D. Sarge for the yaoi dolls she sent me. Seriously considering taking them to work.
|Fuck you, Crohn's disease. Yeah, bitch, you heard me.|
9. I'm still fighting the battle against Crohn's disease, and the surgeon said I can return to work on Monday. We're trying not to get our hopes up that I'll go into remission, but I do feel better than I have in over a year. There's only one problem. How will I get through the day without checking my Goodreads stats 100 times?
10. My friend Sasha interviewed me for her blog. I sound like a complete dork, but, then again, you knew that :)
In my head, all my stories have a song associated with them. This is the song in my head when I think about my YA story: